Every organization is unique. Through real-world insights, industry-leading research and experienced practitioners, Walton's Executive Education program delivers custom training – in the classroom and online – to provide business solutions and leadership advancement that fit your corporate culture and meet your business challenges.
Finance and accounting are the language of business. Are you fluent? Learn how to interpret your organization’s financial statements and determine how your decisions impact those financial statements. The course features customizable face-to-face and blended formats. Half or full-day workshops and lunch and learns are also available. Register now!
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Dividends
- Financing and Debt
Understand financial statements and analyze accounting information to support better business decisions. The course is available online and is customizable. CPE credit is available.
- Income statement
- Balance sheet
- Statement of cash flows
- Revenue recognition principles
- Cash and receivable
Your professional reputation is reflected in your communications. Learn to:
- Writing the Perfect E-mail: clean, to the point, using appropriate tone
- Cutting Out the Clutter in Your Writing: writing with strong signposts to main ideas, as well as writing clearly and concisely for maximum effect
Engage your audience, build your brand and convey the right message. Learn to:
- Interpersonal Communication I: Learn the basics of public speaking, namely how to structure a presentation in a way that is honest, open and engaging.
- Interpersonal Communication II: Develop an action plan on to become a more confident, compelling and capable public speaker.
- Creating Effective Slides: Develop powerful presentations that support your ideas and draw in your audience.
- Impromptu Speaking: Contribute ideas in an appealing and succinct manner.
- Art of Nonverbal Communication: Connect with your audience and be more engaging using nonverbal cues.
Learn tactical team management skills that build a foundation of competencies leading to team norms and employee engagement that impacts performance. This course can be customized for your organization.
- Empower employees
- Foster communication
- Develop strong teams
- Grow emotional intelligence
- Encourage feedback
Learn to analyze methods of unified problem solving including the Continuous Improvement Cycle and Work Process Improvement. Upon completion of this course, participants will understand both methods and be able to apply the methodology to problems.
Continuous Improvement Cycle:
- Strategy development and deployment
- Action planning
- Results tracking
Work Process Improvement:
- Understand the situation
- Improvement implementation
- Standardization and reapplication
Learn the core processes, initiatives and tools of supply chain management that are needed to create customer value. This streamlined course provides vocabulary and enhances participants' understanding of a responsive supply chain. This course is available online.
- Logistics and customer value
- Measuring logistics costs and performance
- Inventory flow
- Matching supply and demand
Examine the key concepts behind supply chain trade-offs and the types of systems used to execute those supply chain trade-offs. This in-depth course helps experienced professionals understand and effectively manage supply chain and logistic processes. This course is available online.
- Supply chain trade-off decisions
- Impact of production costs
- Continuous review
- Inventory and transportation trade-off
- Network design
- Perpetual inventory system
Optimize and improve warehouse management. Upon completion of the course participants will understand the role of a warehouse in a supply chain, as well as the issues associated with management and control of a warehouse. This course is available online.
- Fundamentals of warehouse management
- Warehouse processes
- Information flow
Often referred to as the free enterprise system, capitalism is rooted in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Interactive video sessions in a self-paced course are taught by Wes Kemp, retired president and chief executive officer for ABF Freight System, Inc. Upon completions of this course, participants will be prepared to assess the value of free market capitalism in their business experiences. Learn more about the class. Register now!
- Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal
- Atlas Shrugged
- Free Market Revolution
- Free to Choose
What do you need? Walton Executive Education will develop a road map for training and development.
- Competency-based assessments
- Evaluating strategic need
Could your organization
benefit from an
executive education program?
Leadership & Innovation Executive Education
The Leadership & Innovation Executive Education Cohort is comprised of high potential nominated professionals from the board member companies of the Center for Retail Excellence. This cohort is given unique experiences on topics including leadership, design thinking, career navigation and digital disruption through a range of expert providers. For additional information on our fall cohort, contact Blythe Eggleston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Understanding Financial Statements
Learn the language of business through this online class! We will cover how to interpret your organization's financial statements and determine how your decisions impact those financial statements. The course features customizable face-to-face and blended formats. Half or full-day workshops and lunch and learns are also available. Register now!
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
(479) 575-5871 - office
University of Arkansas
Sam M. Walton College of Business
119 Main Street
Little Rock, AR 72201