The certificate will be awarded upon the completion of three leadership courses within a 24-month period. The courses that fulfill the certificate requirements are Strategic Leadership, Ethical Leadership and The Power of Leadership.
SEPT. 3, 2020
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
NOV. 2, 2020
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
8:30 AM-12:00 PM
The Power of Leadership
- Acquire a clear conceptual model of leadership and strategic direction to create an individual leadership development path
- Differentiate between management authority and leadership influence in order to establish a meaningful and impactful relationship within the organization
- Develop an understanding of how to be a leader conceptually, along with specific and relatable circumstances
- Understand how leadership materializes in real-world ethical challenges and how to strategically lead the organization to success
- Develop a holistic understanding of the components of the leadership development journey
- Enhance skills to become a more effective leader
The courses are structured to provide a clear concept of leadership traits for those striving to develop the skills necessary to succeed within their career and organization. The certificate will prepare the participant for executive leadership.
Who Should Attend
The courses are designed for mid- to senior-level leaders, experienced managers and directors and functional managers who are gaining leadership responsibilities in their organizations.
About the Instructor
Michael Hennelly’s forty-four year career has consisted of more than two decades of military service as well as work in the corporate world and academe. Dr. Hennelly is an associate professor at the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame where he has taught strategic leadership to Notre Dame executive MBA students. He previously served as a professor in the Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership at the United States Military Academy at West Point. During that time, he taught strategy, management, ethics and leadership to more than six hundred cadets. His corporate experience includes time at the Sam’s Club division of Walmart where he oversaw logistics programs.
More Programs for Individuals
Walton College Executive Education programs are designed to strengthen leadership and management skills for individuals who aspire to increase their business knowledge and develop themselves as leaders. We offer a unique interactive group-based learning environment that allows participants from a variety of industries to collaborate on the challenges and opportunities they are facing. Through these learning opportunities, participants develop actionable skills and new insights to advance their careers and implement within their organizations.
Open Enrollment Courses
Walton College Executive Education programs are designed to strengthen leadership and management skills for individuals who aspire to increase their business knowledge and develop themselves as leaders.